Teaching Assistant 1:1 SEN Required
|Teaching Assistant with 1:1 SEN support|
(Including full postal address)
|St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Newgate, Pontefract, WF8 4AA|
|Salary & Grade||Grade 4
SCP 5 – 6
Salary £19,312 – £19,698 pro – rata
Temporary until funding/need ceases
|Days/Hours of work||Monday – Friday
Inclusive of a 45 minute unpaid lunch break
The Academy Council of St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, A Voluntary Academy on behalf of the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an excellent, and motivated Teaching Assistant.
We believe our school is a special place, well known for caring well for our children. Our aim is for each child to thrive within our Catholic school community and to fulfil their potential in every way possible. We want all children to find school life interesting, challenging and enjoyable, whilst feeling safe, secure and valued.
The successful candidate must have experience of working with children. They will inspire children with a love of learning, demonstrate shared commitment to raising standards and provide support for all children. In return we can offer you lively, enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and a supportive ethos
The post requires level 2 numeracy and literacy (or a willingness to work towards this) and an ability to relate well to children and adults.
We can offer you:
- A commitment to you and support for your own professional development and career progression
- A team committed to supporting each other and working together to maintain and improve standards
- Encouragement to develop ideas
- Enthusiastic children who are keen to do well
- A happy and caring ethos in which all individuals are valued
In accordance with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, if you are shortlisted for this post you will be required to declare that you are not Disqualified (or Disqualified by Association) from working within this setting.
How to apply:
For further information, the CES application form and application pack please visit the Trust website: www.bkcat.co.uk. Completed application forms should be returned to the School Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Closing date: Friday 29th October 2021
Interview date: w/c 1st November 2021
Start Date: ASAP
|Job Title: Teaching Assistant – Inclusive of SEN
|Grade: G4||Job Evaluation Code: GS5536 (with SEN) GS5537 (without SEN)
Supervision Activities Relating to Teaching and Learning- Classroom Teacher
Line Management- Headteacher/Higher Level Teaching Assistant
|Location: St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, a Voluntary Academy|
Schools and Lifelong Learning
|Workstyle: Work place based
|Overall Purpose of the Post:
Under the direction and supervision of a teacher or line manager (e.g. Higher Level Teaching Assistant), to support pupil’s learning, to attend to pupils personal needs and to provide general support in managing pupils and the classroom.
|Requirements for the post.
|Level 2 Numeracy / Literacy or willingness to work towards this
|Support Work in Schools (S.W.I.S.) Level 2.
Supporting pupils with S.E.N. Level 2 or 3 qualification
|Good numeracy/ literacy skills
|Appropriate knowledge of First Aid
Use of Technology e.g. ICT.
Child Protection issues
Health, Safety & Security issues.
Data Protection issues.
|Working or caring for children.|
|Effective use of resources
|Competencies and other skills required
|The ability to relate well with children and adults.
The ability to work as a member of a team.
|Key Outcomes/ Activities
· To assist with the personal needs of pupils including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
· To assist with the supervision of pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
· To prepare the classroom as directed for lessons and to clear afterwards.
· To assist with the display of work.
· To report to the teacher or line manager any pupil problems or behavioural difficulties in accordance with school policy.
· To report to the teacher or line manager on pupil progress and achievements in accordance with school policy.
· To assist the teacher or line manager by contributing as directed to a pupils’ individual behaviour/education plan.
· To provide or gather routine information to or from parents/carers under the direction of the teacher or line manager.
· To provide general support with learning activities (e.g. literacy, numeracy, KS3, early years) to enable pupils to understand instructions and to ensure they remain on task.
· To assist with the maintenance of equipment and resources.
· To assist pupils in using resources, e.g. ICT.
· To assist with the supervision of pupils outside of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes. These duties shall be undertaken within the postholder’s contractual hours.
· To participate in school visits, assisting with activities as required.
· To undertake routine clerical duties including bulk photocopying and collecting dinner money.
Other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as directed by the Headteacher
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Specification are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
|Responsibility for Resources
Effective use of learning materials and resources.
|Customers and Clients:
The post involves some direct impact on the well being of pupils through undertaking tasks or duties related to the post.
|The post holder may be subject to some exposure to disagreeable or unpleasant people related behaviour.
The post involves contact with people which through their circumstances or behaviour occasionally places emotional demands on post holder.
The nature of the post may involve periodic requirements for considerable effort, e.g. lifting or carrying of children.
|Characteristics of the post:
The ability to occasionally attend meetings as required by the Headteacher/Line Manager.
Employees are encouraged to participate in training activities in order to enhance their own personal development.
All employees of a school have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
The employment checks are required:
The following employment checks are required for those positions which are based in a school or working with vulnerable young people and adults:
Evidence of a satisfactory safeguarding check e.g. An Enhanced DBS Disclosure
|Date completed: August 2011|
For all posts please download and complete the relevant application forms below: